After our previous article on Balintore Castle we’re back with a look inside the formerly abandoned castle in video form. Balintore Castle is a victorian A listed building that was left abandoned for over 40 years. The castle is situated above the village of Balintore near Kirriemuir. It was designed in 1859 by William Burn. In the 1960s it was decided that the extensive dry rot would not be repaired and it was left abandoned until it was bought through a compulsory purchase and is now being restored by David Johnston.