Garthland House is situated on the outskirts of Lochwinnoch and was originally built in 1796. It was once known as Garpel House and then Barr House before becoming Garthland House. It was once a majestic house however no lies in a state of ruin and decay. Its most recent use was that of a care home with little remaining to show of it.
As you can see from this photo of one of the bedrooms little remains of the interior of the building. Most parts of the roof have fallen in due to years of neglect with this being one of the few with both the floor and ceiling still remaining.
Formerly a grand staircase now lying stripped of its metal by thieves with the walls shedding their paint.
One part of Garthland House that still remains fairly intact is the red brick chapel which was constructed in 1955 and joins to the south-western end of the building.
The door to the confessional still remains having not heard a confession in years.
The marble altar still sits at the head of the chapel overlooks the empty space where pews would formerly have sat.
The stained glass windows have also survived the years with little to no damage.
Another surprising find given how long the place has been left abandoned was the old organ.
They keys of the organ have seen years of deterioration and could do with a little clean.