Over the years and to this day we frequently pass by Cumberland Street Station, only once have we ever seen the boarding peeled back with an entry point and we made sure to capitalise on it. After going to numerous different failed locations it was a stroke of luck to see the entrance to this station.
It was developed by the Glasgow and South Western Railway in 1900, as a replacement for Main Street station, Gorbals, following the doubling of the track from Port Eglinton to St Enoch station. It was in operation until 1966, when passenger services to St Enoch station ended. It has been proposed to reopen the station as part of the Glasgow Crossrail project.
The video from our trip inside can be seen here:
Subscribe to our videos on YouTube here: Subscribe to Abandoned Scotland